Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hello

So I know it has been over a year since I have posted anything, I have been a very bad blogger. I missed writing, I enjoyed sharing my life. So I have decided to start again, hopefully I can be a better blogger. So let's get caught up to present day.

  • In May 2011 I started yet another college. This time I am going for my A.S. in Accounting and for once I am doing fabulous in school. For those who don't know, I have been "attempting" college since I was 18. I am now on my 4th school and 5th major and I have nothing to show for my efforts so far. But soon that statement will change!! As I work towards my associate's I also earn technical certificates. I already have one and by the time May 2013 comes around I will have 3 technical certificates and two associate degrees. Go me!!
  • My husband is currently in the middle of his third deployment. Thankfully he comes home soon and if he doesn't reenlist next year this will be our last full deployment. Connor and I went back to Texas for four months to be with family (I did school online for this deployment). We actually just got back to Florida a week ago and we're busy trying to the apartment back in order.
  • I don't know how it works in the other branches of the military, but in the Navy when a sailor wants to reenlist they have to put in a PTS (for the life of me I cannot remember what that stands for). He has like eight chances to put in a PTS that gets approved before he is kicked out of the Navy. He has put in two so far. The first one was denied, the second one we're waiting to hear back about. So now we're facing the real possibility that he may not be in the Navy next year. My husband is one of those that wants to make a career out of the military, so I never considered the possibility that he would have to get out. Unfortunately the Navy is overmanned and his job is overmanned, so this is how life goes.
  • We have decided to try for baby number two.
  • Now let me get to Connor. My sweet sweet boy is almost two and as everyone says, he is "all boy". He loves to get into everything, loves to climb everything and he is so very destructive. I definitely have my hands full but I love every minute of it.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

good to hear from you!!!