Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Holidays

I know I have three more months to update about Connor, but they'll probably have to wait until Monday comes. I don't know how it works in other branches of the military, but in the Navy everyone gets leave around the holidays, first leave (around Christmas time) and second leave (around New Years). Well J had second leave so he's been home all week. Spending time with the hubby and the baby have made it kind of difficult to do much of anything. But once life gets back to normal I'll be able to finish all my updates while Connor's napping.

So how was everyone's holidays?

Ours was perfect. It was just J, Connor and me, which was absolutely wonderful. J had duty (once a week they have to stay on the ship overnight to do watches and stuff) on Christmas Eve, so Connor and I had to wait and open presents until he got home Christmas morning. he got home around 9:30 and after he got settled in we opened presents. Connor was real interested in grabbing the wrapping paper, so J would pull the present away once he had a hold of the paper, giving Connor the opportunity to help open his presents without even knowing it. We got through twenty minutes of present unwrapping before Connor got cranky and had to be laid down for a nap. We opened the rest of the presents (Connor got a TON) once we laid him down and then we played with the new "toys" we got. We had ribs, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and corn bread for dinner. I'm a once a year traditional holiday meal person and since we had the whole traditional shabang at Thanksgiving we wanted to do something different for Christmas dinner. It was a perfect, low key day. I do have a few pictures, so I'll post them up in a few days.

On New Years Eve, we were suppose to go to a friend's house, but when we were getting ready to leave Connor got SUPER cranky, so we decided to stay home instead. J and I stayed up till like one watching the season eight of Scrubs (love that show).

Well, that's all I have for now. I promise you'll have a lot to read next week.

1 comment:

To A T said...

Sounds like a nice, quiet holiday, just you and your men! So fun! :)