Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching Up

So much for posting more often, right?? So lets see, what's been going on:

I have a friend who has decided to adopt through the state of Florida. They already have two boys, but her and her husband wants a girl and of course wants to help out a child so their going the adoption route. They are currently going through the classes that Florida requires prospective adoptive and foster parents to take. So to help them out I've been babysitting their boys on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I think it's awesome that they're adopting and it gives me an insight into the adoption process in Florida when we decide to adopt too.

Plus...I got a free bed out of the deal. Her and her husband bought a new king sized mattress set for their bedroom, so they had an extra queen sized mattress set. She gave me the one out of the guest room that has only been used a few times and we got that over to our apartment on Saturday. It has been a GOD SEND!! We had a full sized in their before and it was uncomfortable to sleep because there just was not enough bed. So I have been sleeping a lot better over the last few nights :)

My classes ended last Sunday. I did HORRIBLE!! I lost my motivation and my drive and I just screwed off. I'm kicking myself in the butt now, but hey it's too late to worry about it. I started my new ones today and after that week break I am ready to do fantastic.

The job is going well too. I work about 25-30 hours a week and I love the people I work with. It's not to bad for being a job to get me out of the house.

We might be going to Disneyworld in October. Disneyworld has this deal right now where people serving in the military get a free 5-day ticket and they get up to 5 tickets for family for 99 dollars. I've been waiting to use this until it cools down and our anniversary is in October so I figured it would be a great anniversary trip.

Justin's ship is leaving from the middle of November until the 22nd of December. A WHOLE MONTH!!! This means we won't be able to go home for Christmas. Luckily, we had already planned on not going home. I really want to spend Christmas with just my husband, this just gives me a good excuse to give everyone else.

Oh and I'm 9DPO and of course waiting anxiously to test. BD timing was way off, but there's a slight chance. Definitely do not have my hopes up, but it would be nice :)

1 comment:

To A T said...

Glad you are still alive ;-)
I'm happy you are enjoying your job and pumped up about getting your classes started again *motivation* vibes sent your way ;-)

crossing my crossables for you!!