Saturday, October 18, 2008

Life So Far

So Justin's ship has been gone for about a month and a half now. I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be. When he was going through boot camp I was a mess and I thought it would never end. Luckily this first month flew by. Part of me wants him back home but then part of me likes the fact that I don't have to deal with him.

Is that wrong of me to feel that way?

I finally took myself to the doctor last week...

For those of you who don't know we've been TTC for two years with a 6 month break for Navy stuff. For those two years I have had extremely irregular cycles, but I have a fear of doctors so I couldn't bring myself to go.

Well, I finally went and what she told me didn't shock me. I had prepared myself and I knew what she was going to say. I was told there's a possibility that i have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and maybe Endometriosis. I have to go back and get blood work done and tests done so that way I have it somewhat under control when Justin comes back.

Unfortunately, we're military so with our health care you have to have a referral to go to any doctor off base. So now I'm waiting for my appointment with my Primary Care Manager to plead my case for that blessed referral to go get all those tests done. I hate having to explain things to people, I get flustered. I just hope this goes smoothly and she willingly gives me that referral.

So for now I'm waiting for AF to show so I can begin birth control to regulate myself. I'm excited to have normal periods again. How many females will tell you they're excited to have a period?? Lol...

No comments: