Thursday, October 23, 2008

Waiting

I check my email probably about twenty times a day...A little overkill I know, but I can't help it. I get through my days praying that there will something, anything in that inbox from him. Even if it is one sentence saying how bored he is, it's something!! Those "somethings" don't happen as often now. I know it's not his fault. They're busy, sometimes they don't even have email. That doesn't change the fact that I still check everyday, hoping. Sometimes I get lucky and I get two or three in one day and that can get me through a few days.

Once I even got lucky enough to get a phone call. It was at 4 in the morning on a night that I had actually fell asleep early, but I didn't care...I was so excited. I talked to him in a sleepy haze, just happy to be hearing my husband's voice after an entire month. And now I wait again for another wonderful phone call. My phone never leaves my side and every time it rings my heart leaps because I'm hoping it's him. It never is, but the cycle repeats every time that phone rings.

So now I'm just taking it day by day, waiting to hear from him, waiting for that wonderful day to come that our ship is back home. I have a lot of waiting to do, luckily it's not forever...I just have to go day by day, hour by hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}} I hope you hear from him soon!