Tuesday, October 21, 2008

School

I originally decided to go to college right out of high school...big mistake for me...My original major was nursing and I HATED it and I was barely scraping by in college. I lasted two years (well technically 1 1/2) just because I was so scared of letting my dad down so I kinda tried. I had no drive and ambition and I...well I just didn't care. It was not a place I thrived and I was miserable. So during my fourth semester of school I quit going and I ended up getting kicked out of school.

Fast forward a few years...

Ever since my husband went into the Navy, I was always jealous. He was doing something good with his life and everyone was proud of and he and I was just the big fat failure. I know that sounds childish, but unfortunately in my family that's how it works. When one of my sisters went into the army it was like she was the golden child all the sudden...and she had spent her childhood being the biggest screw up in our family. Anyways, so I decided I wanted to do something good to, something for everyone to be proud of...so I decided to go back to school.

Since traditional college and I didn't mesh too well, I decided to take a different approach. I looked into University of Phoenix online, liked what I found, and decided to enroll. Now let me tell you I love it!! I only have to take 2 classes every 9 weeks instead of 4-5 for a semester. So I don't feel so overwhelmed with work all the time. I'm taking English which I failed twice at my university and got kicked out of the last time...and (drum roll please)...I have a B!!! I thrive in this environment and I finally feel that I will successfully be able to get through school and get a degree. So watch out, in a few years this girl is going to be educated!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Good for you hun! It's great that you found something that works for you. I think that going to college right out of high school, in general, is a big mistake. At 18 years old, who really knows what they want to do with the rest of their lives? I didn't! I'm 26 and still weighing my options - Pop Star or Deep Sea Diver? I'll figure it out eventually! ;)

proudnavywife1027 said...

Lol I vote deep sea diver!!!