Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I've always tried to make it seem like my birthday was never a big deal, but really it is. I like everyone acknowledging the fact that it's my day. I like that I have one day out of the year where it's pretty much guaranteed that my dad's going to be nice, what I want for dinner is a big deal, and everything is focused on me. Throughout the rest of the year I kind of just blend into the woodwork, I don't really matter. But then that one day rolls around I get phone calls from people that don't call for months and everyone is nice. I wish it could be like this the rest of the year. But, it's not. So sadly as soon as my special day is over I will fade away again until next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To A T said...

happiest of birthdays! I hope you get lots a lots of love today!!