Saturday, March 28, 2009

Doggie Jail

I was talking to my dad today and he told me a story that about made me pee my pants...Sooo, I want to share it with you!!!

(Before you read this I need to explain something. My dad and mom bought three Labrador retrievers within a year of each other. They have a yellow one, a black one, and a chocolate one. Affectionately they call Coco the "Mexican" one. It's all a big joke and I don't want anyone to take offense of the story!!)

My dad called and after a few minutes I started asking about a few of my sisters. My sister "C" moved out with her boyfriend about a month ago and she took her dog Coco with her.

I asked How "C" liked living with boyfriend and my dad said:
"Good, but Coco got into a Mexican knife fight and got thrown in doggie jail. She narrowly missed the electric chair."

Instantly, I was like "huh?"


So he says this time: "'C' took Coco to a family reunion. She got into a Mexican knife fight. A little girl pulled a knife on her so she bit the little girl. This landed her in the doggie jail for ten days."


Okay, at first I was stunned (and mind you I believed him the entire time) and of course I was like "poor Coco" and then I just busted up laughing...because who could believe a little girl would pull a knife on a dog, but it was still a funny story.


Now here's what really happened. "C" did take Coco to her boyfriend's family reunion. Boyfriend's sister has a daughter (who my baby sister loves) who, according to my dad, Coco was playing with all day with no problems. Coco was taking a nap on the floor and the little girl came up behind her and scared her so Coco nipped at her and got her above the eye (Coco is a big dog). The mom of the little girl is the one who decided that Coco needed to go to "doggie jail" but did raise a stink until FIVE DAYS AFTER her daughter got bitten.

Poor Coco, I'm sure she didn't mean to bite the little girl, she was just scared...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol I got bit in the forehead for pulling a tail when I was little. I hope Coco isn't traumatized!

proudnavywife1027 said...

My dad said the first day my sister went and visited her (they've gone everyday) that she looked so pitiful. That's my sister's best friend so it has to be hard for her...poor Coco