Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tornado Warning

I am writing this from the floor in my hallway...yes you heard it right

I was watching Pearl Harbor for the second time tonight (the first time I only caught the last hour) and all of the sudden a tornado warning flashed across my screen. Growing up in the middle of Tornado Alley I knew what to do, but I kinda just sat there. I flipped to local channels, but it's not like in Texas, no one was broadcasting where the tornado was spotted or anything. So then I decided to go outside.

It sounded eerie outside...

So I freaked out and decided to head for the hallway...the puss dog (Henry is scared of thunder) is still with me, Sammie got tired of sitting in the hallway.

The warning has been over for fifteen minutes, but I'm still a little freaked out. There's just been too many run ins in my day.

When I was younger we stayed with my aunt for a week. She was bringing us back to our townhouse and as we were driving through town to get home the sirens were going off. We had seen like 3 funnels (none had touched down thank god) outside of town.

A tornado landed near the house that my dad lived in when we lived in Iowa. My dad was driving my sister and I back to my mom's so we weren't there, but still freaky. That tornado took the roof off of high school in the town.

I was out at my friends house horseback riding and when I came home it turns out there were tornado warnings. The tornado was near the road where I was driving and I didn't even know.

Last summer when J was in "A" school I was out at my parents house and it was storming real bad so I stayed out there until it blew over. I was driving back to my apartment and the lights at the end of the road were out. Turns out there was a tornado like maybe a mile from my apartment.

I've always been lucky, but you never know luck runs out right?? All I can say is bad storms freak me out. I hate that we moved to Florida just for the reason that there are hurricanes here. My favorite place had to be Alaska...you never had thunderstorms, just rain. No tornadoes, no hurricanes...just earthquakes. But never the big ones like in California.

2 comments:

To A T said...

Eek!! I have never been in a tornado or lived where they are common, but I can imagine how scary they are!!
We have thunderstorms here, but they really aren't bad at all, just a little lightening and thunder, maybe some rain or hail mixed in. I can't remember the last one that lasted longer than 5 min tops!

Mama Bear said...

I'm so terrified of Mother nature...she is one tough *BEEP*. Hope you don't get anymore for a while!!! I'm freaked about moving to SC because apparently they get hurricanes too.. YIKES!!