Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Only Half Here

I know I've been a bad poster lately.

I've just been so blah lately. This deployment is starting to strain me and I'm just ready for my hubby to be home. I've tried very hard to keep up appearances with my friends, but lately I've just been more content to stay by myself in the apartment. I've been doing half-a** at school because I just can't concentrate anymore. All I can say is the next forty days need to FLY.

On that note, my cousin will be here in two and a half weeks. I'm very excited to see her and her baby. I haven't seen him in almost a year and he's grown so much. We're going to take him to the zoo (I love the zoo).

My air conditioner was busted the last few days. It hadn't reached more than eighty degrees, but it was like 85 degrees at one point in my apartment and my poor puppies were miserable. And it's only destined to get hotter and muggier down here so I didn't want to keep subjecting them to the miserableness.

I'm excited for the last few weeks before J comes home. I get to pamper myself (I had to scrimp the entire deployment and we finally have quite a bit of extra money, yeay!!), so I'm going to get a pedi and mani and I'm going to buy a new outfit for homecoming. And I'm going to get Henry (my cocker spaniel mix...the pretty golden one) groomed (the poor baby needs it. Sammie I can do by myself and will, but Henry won't let me come near him with clippers, lol.

I'm thinking about trading in my car (PT Cruiser) this summer to buy a truck for my hubby. We currently have two vehicles, but we're selling my husband's truck because it's a standard and I can't drive it while he's always gone because I suck at driving a standard. We can't afford to have two vehicle payments, but we can afford to trade in my car and have a truck payment. Well, I hate my car and J has never had a new vehicle (his first car was a hand me down from his grandma's boyfriend and his truck was his mom's), so I'm very excited to do this. I'm going to try to surprise him, I just hope it works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for your cousin's visit! That should be a lot of fun :)

Your DH will be home soon! A new truck sounds awesome :)

To A T said...

I completely understand how you are feeling hun! The last third of deployments is always the roughest because you are anticipating your man coming home, but you still have to deal with day-to-day life... it just plain sucks! I HATE deployments!
I think it is awesome that you will get a chance to pamper yourself a bit! You deserve it for being such a good wife ;-) and I think it's such a neat, selfless idea that you have for getting your hubby a new truck!! :) I hope it all works out!

Mama Bear said...

its almost over girl..hang in there. Deployments SUCK i know... I'm an Air Force wife.

Your at the home stretch, its hard but don't let yourself sit at home. Good for you, go get yourself a mani/pedi!!