Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nervous

J is coming home in a few weeks and I'm starting to get nervous.

Not nervous to see him, I'm excited as heck for that, but I'm nervous for what is suppose to happen afterwards...ya know in the bedroom...

I always think what if he doesn't find me attractive anymore or what if I don't know how to do it right anymore...and those are just a few of the crazy thoughts that fly through my head when I think about it. I know most of my thoughts are irrational, but I still can't help them.

I know most of the ladies that read this have dealt with deployments before, so I need input please!!!

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

ugh, damn deployments. I'm sure you and I could vent for weeks about it. I always have these thoughts too but I know that its the fact that I'm thinking about it that messes me up and second guess myself. Just let yourself get excited and don't second guess yourself...honey, Its been months since you both got some lovin'. Don't let the what if's keep you from enjoying it!! Go get you some love! woohoo! haha

I once saw a bumper sticker that said "Military wives, sexually deprived for your freedom" haha its sorta true!

Anonymous said...

Oh hun... I've never been through a deployment, but I've had several very long "dry spells"... I'm ALWAYS afraid I won't measure up or know what to do... somehow it always comes back though ;) It just "clicks"... Trust me! {{{HUGS}}}

To A T said...

Oh hun! I so know exactly what you're going through!! DH has been deployed and tdy too many times in our short marriage.
Honestly that first "time" after DH has been gone a while, I always let myself get excited with the butterflies and things go really well. I wouldn't worry about not "performing" or anything. Just remember he is as excited and nervous as you are about starting up your "relations" again. It's been just as long for him ;-) Try to relax and just let things happen. That has always worked for us ;-)

proudnavywife1027 said...

Thanks for all the advice ladies, I REALLY appreciate it!!