Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chained to the apartment??

Ugh I got another email from my husband today. That stupid j*ck**s (I use that term in the most loving manner, lol) waits weeks at a time to email me (at one point it was a month between emails) and then when I do get emails I get infuriated!!!!

So his email says that he wants to take the laptop with him on his next deployment because "it sucks writing emails on his psp." Really? THEY HAVE COMPUTERS ON THE SHIP. Email me from your ship email doofus. That laptop is MY LIFELINE and he wants to take it away!!!!

Okay I'm going to back up for a minute. Right before J left I decided I wanted to go back to school but I tried that whole sitting in school thing and I hated it so I decided to do classes online. Although we do have computers, a desk top and a laptop, I like being able to have the laptop because it gives me the choice of traveling to see my family if I want (when I went back to Texas and OKC for the month I had classes to do part of the time and I wouldn't have been able to go home if it weren't for the laptop).

SO, him taking the laptop would mean I would be STUCK in the apartment for SEVEN MONTHS and my baby sister is graduating like a month after he would leave so I HAVE to be able to leave Florida.

Now poor J doesn't realize this. He's even offering to fix my desktop (it's crappy and it runs slows and freezes on me a lot) up so I can actually use it. So then why was I in tears when I read his email? I just feel like I am sacrificing so much this deployment and it's just another sacrifice he's asking of me, whether he realizes it or not. Now I haven't told him this, because my email wouldn't have been pretty. But if he wants to take the laptop he better buy me a new one!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just get another laptop... you can get a decent laptop for a very reasonable price these days. Even a refurbished laptop is better than no laptop at all!

proudnavywife1027 said...

Such an easy solution!! Lol, the only thing is I have to convince my husband to spend the money on another laptop...easier said than done...grrr