Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mickey Ds

I started my new job yesterday and let me tell you I was pretty nervous before I went in. I normally get nervous when I start a new job because I have to go through the process of meeting new people again, which I hate (I'm a very antisocial person). So not only was I nervous about being the "new person", I was nervous about not remembering how to do anything.

I worked at McDonalds back in high school. McDonalds was my first job EVER and I worked there for three years (the longest I've EVER held a job) and worked my way up to swing manager before I left. It's also been three years since I worked there.

Well let me tell you, I was nervous for nothing. I'm doing pretty good (there have been things I've had to get use to) and things are coming back as I go. It's just like riding a bike (I wonder if I can do that, it's been years since I've ridden one!!). The store manager was in there tonight and she told me as I walked back that she's been hearing good things about me (I haven't had the privilege of actually working with her yet). I looked at her and had to ask her to repeat herself just be sure...I'm glad that they're talking about me and it's GOOD things!!

I've had fun so far and I'm so glad to be out of the house, but ask me in a month and we'll see how I feel then :)

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Ugh, your lucky. I tried to get a job but Ryan wouldn't let me.
I'm glad its going good so far. :) Hopefully the "fun" hangs around for a while.