Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Quirks

When I sit and think about myself I realize I'm a very quirky person. I've decided to write a list of things that make me "special" that people may not realize. So here it is:
  1. I have a fear of being in large crowds, especially if I end up being touched by people I don't know. It gives me the willies.
  2. I have a hard time leaving the house. I have to be in the right mood to be able to go somewhere. Oftentimes I get anxiety attacks, especially if I'm going somewhere I'm not familiar with. I think that if I don't get help I will eventually become an agoraphobic, but I'm too stubborn to get help.
  3. I hate holding babies. It's really funny considering I so desperately want a baby of my own. I'm always scared that I'm going to do something wrong and hurt the baby. Hopefully it will be different when I have my own child.
  4. I have given up on the idea of ever having my own child. I believe that God wants me to adopt. J and I decided that we'll adopt in a few years if I don't get pregnant so I'm just riding out the time.
  5. I'm a very picky eater, but not because of the way food TASTES. I have a big thing about textures and if it doesn't feel right in my mouth it makes me gag and I can't eat it.
  6. When I was younger I wanted to be a chef. I wanted to work a cruise ship so that way I could travel.
  7. I have a problem talking on the phone with people I don't know. I dread having to call to make doctor's appointments, having to call customer support (I had to do this a lot at Lowe's), and calling for food. I make J call whenever we get food delivered and if he's not home I eat pizza because I can order it off the internet.
  8. When I was in high school the psychiatrist I was seeing diagnosed me as bipolar. I personally think he was a little of his rocker. I wonder if he had never met a really moody teenager with clinical depression...
  9. I've always wanted to learn how to knit, but I'm too impatient to learn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a difficult time in large crowds too. I find them very overwhelming and uncomfortable!