Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Coping

So, I've just realized today that I haven't talked to my husband in a week and haven't gotten an email in nine days. Want to know the sad part? It took me a week to realize that I hadn't talked to him in a while. Does that mean that I'm slowly forgetting? I honestly don't think so. We learned about coping mechanisms one time and I think that blocking out thoughts of him is mine. I mean I love my husband and it started hurting that he was emailing me less. Unfortunately because of what he's doing right now he can't, so my best bet was to quit thinking about it or I was going to drive myself crazy (quite literally) before April arrived.

The best part is that it's working.

Hopefully because I'm able to block out the pain (which was making the deployment DRAG) things will start picking up (which in a few weeks when I can go back home they will anyways).

So I guess yeay for me for finally learning to cope!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you're coping and learning to keep you're self preoccupied in other ways so that you're not focusing solely on the pain of missing him. :) It doesn't mean that you don't miss him, it just means that you've found a way to get through each day!