Saturday, November 29, 2008

She Said Yes

Justin called me ahead of time and told me that he had something that he wanted to give me and he was on his way out to the house. When he got there he told me he wanted to go for a drive and I figured it was because Katie's sister was there and they didn't get along very well. So, I jumped in the truck and we drove out to the lake. After driving around for for a few minutes, he found a spot and parked. The lake is my favorite place because you can see so many stars and it is so peaceful and quiet out there. When he parked he handed me a bottle of perfume and told me that was my present. It wasn't the first time that he randomly gave me perfume, so I thought nothing of it and decided to get out of the truck. We both got out at the same time and then he reached back in the truck to turn up the music. About halfway around the truck I had realized that I had forgotten my cigarettes and went back in the cab to grab them. When I got back to the tailgate, he was standing in the bed of the truck and he practically shoved the ring box into my face...

"Will you marry me?"

I was so shocked that I just stood there for a minute, forgetting that I was suppose to give an answer. Finally, I sputtered "yes."

I had already known about the ring. He made the mistake of texting my friend and telling her that he bought it. That day we were running around and I was in charge of checking the phones, so I was the one who got the message. He had found that out and waited forever to actually give me the ring, trying to bring back the element of surprise.

It worked, I was shocked. After we sat at the lake for a couple minutes, I decided that I was hungry so we went to Sonic to grab a bite. Every time I drive by that particular Sonic I smile, knowing that was the first action of the beginning of my new life.

I honestly cannot tell you the date that he asked me. I cannot tell you what we were wearing or what was playing on the radio. I do remember the bottle of perfume I received, every time I smell it I remember. And I will always remember how I felt, how excited and in love I was at that very moment.

No comments: