Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Everyone has been asking me for the past month what I'm doing for Thanksgiving and it's kind of starting to get on my nerves. My husband is gone, my family is 20 hours away, and all of my friends have gone out of town, so I will be doing nothing for Thanksgiving. For some reason that freaks everyone out, "how can she not be spending Thanksgiving with anyone?" Really, is it that big of deal? Yes, it is a family holiday and you're meant to eat lots of food and spend it with the people you love. Well, I don't have access to the people I love, so I'd just rather spend it alone then try to find someone I "kind of" know to spend it with. And I am fine with that. I think that's what boggle's people's mind the most. I am not upset that I will not be eating turkey this year and I will be by myself. I mean, I get to go home in a few weeks and spend Christmas with my family. I personally like Christmas better anyways, you get to open presents AND you get to eat food that you would eat at Thanksgiving. That's awesome if you ask me. So I just wish that people wouldn't have put such emphasis on the fact that I am by myself for a holiday. Are they going to freak when Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter come around and I'm sitting in Florida "by myself"? Because that's what Thanksgiving boils down to this year, just another holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eh... if it's not a huge deal to you, then I don't know why it's a huge deal to everyone else.

While everyone else is battling traffic, long commutes and family squabbles, you can relax at home and pamper yourself :)